Friday, April 17, 2009

Mac Apps I really Like

(Most of these are free)

1Password
1Password is the primo password app for the Mac. (KeePassX is a good free alternative but it lacks the nice browser integration http://www.keepassx.org)

Fluid Convert web based apps to appear as standalone apps. I might be ditching NotationalVelocity (listed below) and just use simplenote webapp as a fluid app (seems to be working nicely so far.) I use Fluid also for wunderlist and my chess.com site.

Alfred I seem to like this better than the default Spotlight for finding/launching apps.

Evernote Trying to get used to just using this app (I still also use notational velocity for quick notes which syncs with SimpleNote but I might just try to stick to Evernote.)

EasyFind
Doing some more advanced finding on the Mac is a bit cumbersome (even with pathfinder) This simple app makes it easy.


App Cleaner
Get rid of the few extra installed files that might remain behind when you just delete something from your applications.

MacVim
vim but also has all the default OSX hooks for things like cut and paste, etc. Plus an Aqua look and feel.

DropBox
Think of it as an extra directory on your file system that is always available (even on multiple machines) and you can drop stuff in the public folder and make it available to anyone via a link.

Skitch
skitch.com is a webservice that works hand in hand with our application Skitch to give you 1-click uploading of images for fast and fun image sharing.

FileZilla
Excellent all purpose FTP editor (supports SFTP)

SmartSleep
Easily control how your Mac sleeps. I like my Mac set to sleep fast when I close the lid

AppShelf

Adium

SuperDuper

SnapAndDrag

SeaShore

MacFusion & GoogleMacFUSE

VLC

Witch (also in app store)

Onyx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blogger Syntax Highliter