Thursday, March 4, 2010

National Velocity plus Simplenote

I’m really digging this combo for note taking on my Mac and iPhone. I was using Evernote, but it’s a bit heavy and I only seem to be keeping text notes.

National Velocity (I know goofy name and the website is lacking) is a nice light weight note taking app for the Mac. I was using Mori, which I liked but they currently have no way to sync to my iPhone. National Velocity will synch with Simplenote which is a really nice note taking application for the iPhone (free.) Simplenote has a nice web client as well (which is what National Velocity syncs with behind the scenes.)

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tip. I discovered SimpleNote recently, as I wanted to keep my notes synced with my iPad. I will soon be moving from PC-Land to an iMac, so I'm now researching apps, specifically, a plain text editor for the iMac. Off now to check out National Velocity. Thanks again for this heads up!

    PamG

    ReplyDelete
  2. The program is called "Notational Velocity".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of the above mentioned app is a typo. The name is: Notational Velocity.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Syntax Highliter